THE ‘PUB’ at Magdalen Park Nursing Home has started its programme of entertainment for residents to celebrate the Christmas season – but they still need a pianist to fully complete their journey into the festive spirit!
The Magdalen Arms is part of the street scene at the state-of-the-art Nursing Home on Magdalen Lane and residents can meet their relatives, friends and visitors in there and socialise in a pub-setting, but the venue is also a provider of entertainment. A programme of performances has been arranged for the Christmas season, including the following:
- Friday 5th December – Lesley is coming to sing Opera at 1.45pm
- Monday 8th December – Preston Primary School singing carols at 1.45pm
- Wednesday 10th December – Gillshill Primary School singing carols at 2pm
- Friday 19th December – Inman Primary School singing carols at 10am
- Sunday 21st December – CHRISTMAS FAYRE from 2pm – 4pm
- Monday 22nd December – A visit from the Lord Mayor and Mayoress at 10am
- Wednesday 24th December – KEL singing festive songs and classic hits at 2pm
- Wednesday 31st December – KEL singing festive songs and classic hits at 2pm
But John Garten, Director of Magdalen Park, says: “We are still looking for a pianist, volunteer or paid, to perform in the Magdalen Arms either fortnightly or monthly!”
If you want further information about Magdalen Park – or indeed can help in the search for their pianist – contact the Nursing Home on 01482 700733.