PLANNING permission is once again being sought to build twenty-eight new dwellings on Wychcroft on Magdalen Lane.
Peter Read, Director of Birstall May Ltd., has resubmitted his planning application for residential development of Wychcroft with associated access roads, landscaping including provision of wildlife ponds. The planning application also proposes significant flood alleviation works using a lagoon and swale system. According to the planning documentation the flood alleviation works would be able to cope with flood waters higher than those which caused so much disruption in 2007.
Hedon Town Council will discuss the application at its Planning Committee Meeting at the Town Hall on Thursday 17th September 2015 starting at 7:15pm.
In May this year Hedon Town Council re-affirmed an earlier decision NOT to support the application;
- due to it leading to the loss of one of the town’s important green spaces,
- the history of flooding at Wychcroft and the surrounding area,
- new housing would increase that flood risk,
- the existence of protected wildlife at Wychcroft,
- the additional pressure that the development would place on parking in the town.
Interested in attending? The meeting takes place in the Hedon Town Hall, go through the main door and up the stairs to the council chamber for 7:15pm on Thursday 17th September 2015.